U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced this week its officers had arrested more than 2,000 at-large illegal aliens and other foreign nationals whose criminal actions make them removable from the United States. ICE said that 85 percent of those arrested had criminal convictions or pending criminal charges.
According to the ICE news release, those crimes included:
- 388 convictions and 386 pending charges for assault;
- 291 convictions and 216 pending charges for domestic violence;
- 83 convictions and 64 pending charges for sexual offenses;
- 136 convictions and 63 pending charges for family offenses;
- 71 convictions and 40 pending charges for sexual offenses involving a minor;
- 14 convictions and 12 pending charges for homicide;
- 23 convictions and 44 pending charges for harassment;
- 29 convictions and 7 pending charges for hit-and-run;
- 20 convictions and 10 pending charges for robbery;
- 12 convictions and 2 pending charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor;
- 9 convictions and 15 pending charges for kidnapping;
- 11 convictions and 3 pending charges for identity theft;
- 1 conviction and 1 pending charge for arson; and 1 conviction for rioting.
The aliens targeted during this operation preyed on men, women and children in our communities, committing serious crimes and, at times, repeatedly hurting their victims,” said Senior Official Performing the Duties of the ICE Director Tony H. Pham. “By focusing our efforts on perpetrators of crimes against people, we’re able to remove these threats from our communities and prevent future victimization from occurring. Through our targeted enforcement efforts, we are eliminating the threat posed by these criminals, many of whom are repeat offenders.
In FY2019, ICE arrested individuals with 1,900 convictions and charges for homicide, 1,800 for kidnapping, 12,000 sex offenses, 5,000 sexual assaults, 45,000 assaults, 67,000 crimes involving drugs, 10,000 weapons offenses, and 74,000 DUIs.
Read the ICE news release here.
Updated: Fri, Sep 18th 2020 @ 11:45am EDT