Every month, we get more terrible unemployment news. (Now, we hear the official unemployment rate has hit 10.2%!)
And every month, I must call on Americans to force the nation's elite leaders to answer why they insist on importing 125,000 working-age foreign citizens each month.
Below is the list of elites working against jobless Americans and their families.
If you are associated with the following groups, you need to ask your leaders to stop assaulting the unemployed Americans in their membership.
10.2% Unemployment Not High Enough -- Leaders of These Groups Want More Foreign Workers
On average, the feds are handing out first-time work permits to about 125,000 working-age foreign citizens EACH MONTH. About half of those are temporary, and about half of them are permanent work permits (green cards).
The leaders of the following groups not only approve of potentially taking 125,000 jobs away from American workers each month, they are lobbying to dramatically increase immigration numbers.
All of these groups are pushing for "comprehensive immigration reform." That means they want to give permanent work permits to around 12 million illegal aliens. It also means that they want to increase the number of legal immigrants brought in for permanent work permits by hundreds of thousands a year.
Feel free to call the phone numbers belwo and ask these elite national leaderships why they prefer giving jobs to foreign workers instead of to millions of unemployed Americans.
LOBBYING FOR MORE FOREIGN WORKERS
Every one of these large organization is pushing Congress to pass "comprehensive immigration reform" that would increase the number of foreign workers to take jobs from Americans:
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) -- Phone: (Washington D.C.) 202-675-2312 or (New York, NY) 212- 549-2666 -- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or from this page: http://www.aclu.org/general-feedback
- American Jewish Committee -- Phone: 212-751-4000 -- Fax: 212-891-1450 -- Email: Executive Director, David A. Harris PR@ajc.org or from this page: http://www.ajc.org/site/c.ijITI2PHKoG/b.4700221/k.28D4/Contact_us/apps/ka/ct/contactus.asp?c=ijITI2PHKoG&b=4700221&en=rwJVLbMUJeIZK9OQLeJRIhM2KnJ2IgO1ImL7JrMeG
- AFL-CIO -- Phone: 202-974-8150 -- Fax: 202-974-8152 -- Email from this page: http://www.aflcio.org/siteguides/contactus.cfm
- Anti-Defamation League -- Phone: 212-885-7700 -- Fax: 212-867-0779 -- Email: email@example.com or from this page: http://regions.adl.org/new-york/contact-us.html
- Assemblies of God -- Phone: 417-862-2781 -- Toll Free: 1-877-840-4800 -- Fax: 417-862-8558 -- Email: Info@ag.org, General Superintendent GeneralSuperintendent@ag.org, or from this page: http://ag.org/top/contact.cfm
- Chamber of Commerce (U.S.) -- Phone: 202-659-6000 or Toll Free: 1-800-638-6582 -- Fax: 202-463-5836 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or from this page: http://www.uschamber.com/about/contact/submit_question.htm
- Change To Win (union) -- Phone: 202-721-0660 -- Fax: 202-721-0661 -- Email: email@example.com
- Christianity Today (magazine) -- Phone: 630-260-6200 -- Fax: 630-260-0114 -- Email from this page: http://www.christianitytoday.com/help/features/webmaster.html
- Church World Service, Immigration & Refugee Program -- Phone: (Main Office, Indiana) 574-264-3102 or Toll Free: 800-297-1516; (D.C. Office) 202-544-2350 -- Fax: (Main Office, Indiana) 574-262-0966; (D.C. Office) 202-546-6232 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democratic National Committee (DNC) -- Phone: 202-863-8000 -- Email from this page: http://my.democrats.org/page/s/contactissues
- Episcopal Church -- Phone: 212-716-6000 -- Toll Free: 1-800-334-7626 -- Fax: 212-557-5827 -- Email: email@example.com or Presiding Bishop and Primate The Most Reverend Katharine Jefferts Schori firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of America -- Phone: 773-380-2700 -- Toll Free: 1-800-638-3522 -- Fax: 773-380-1465 -- Email: email@example.com
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) -- Phone: (Main) 202-624-6800 or (Federal Legislation & Regulation Department) 202-624-8741-- Fax: (Federal Legislation & Regulation Department) 202-624-8973 -- Email from this page: http://www.teamster.org/content/contact-us
- Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) -- Phone: 202-737-8360 -- Email: (Members) firstname.lastname@example.org or (Non-members) email@example.com
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) -- Phone: (HQ, Baltimore) 410-230-2700; (D.C Office) 202-783-7509 -- Fax: (HQ: Baltimore) 410-230-2890; (D.C. Office) 202-783-7502 -- Email: (HQ, Baltimore) firstname.lastname@example.org; (D.C. Office) email@example.com
- Mennonite Central Committee Washington Office -- Phone: 202-544-6564 -- Fax: 202-544-2820 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Director, Rachelle Lyndaker Schlabach email@example.com
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) -- Phone: (National HQ) 410-580-5777 or Toll Free: 1-877-NAACP-98 (1-877-622-2798); (Washington D.C. Bureau) 202-463-2940 -- Fax: (Washington D.C. Bureau) 202-463-2953 -- Email: (Washington D.C. Bureau) firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) -- Phone: 202-789-1011 -- Fax: 202-842-0392 -- Email: President, email@example.com; Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org; Government Relations, email@example.com; General Information, firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) -- Phone: 202-637-3000 -- Fax: 202-637-3182 -- Email: email@example.com
- National Council of Churches -- (Washington D.C.) Phone: 202-544-2350 -- Fax: 202-543-1297 or (New York, NY) Phone: 212-870-2141 -- Fax: 212-870-2817 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Council of Jewish Women -- Phone: (HQ, NYC) 212-645-4048; (D.C. Office) 202-296-2588 -- Fax: (HQ, NYC) 212-645-7466; (D.C. Office) 202-331-7792 -- Email: (HQ, NYC) email@example.com or (D.C. Office) firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Restaurant Association -- Phone: 202-331-5900 or Toll Free: 1-800-424-5156 -- Fax: 202-331-2429 -- Email: (for members) from this page: http://www.restaurant.org/aboutus/contact-members.cfm or (for nonmembers) email@example.com
- People for the American Way -- Phone: 202-467-4999 -- Email from this page: http://site.pfaw.org/site/Survey?SURVEY_ID=1141&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS
- Presbyterian Church (USA) -- Phone: 502-569-5000 -- Toll Free: 1-888-728-7228 -- Fax: 502-569-8005 -- Email Director, Department of Constitutional Services Reverend Marc Tammen from this page: http://www.pcusa.org/form2mail/form2mail.jsp?f2name=Mark+Tammen&subject=Contact+Us
- Rabbinical Assembly -- Phone: 212-280-6000 -- Fax: 212-749-9166 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Executive Vice President, Rabbi Julie Schonfeld email@example.com
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism -- Phone: 202-387-2800 -- Fax: 202-667-9070 -- Email from this page: http://rac.org/Feedback/index.cfm?pge_id=1001
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) -- Phone: 202-730-7000 or Toll Free: 1-800-424-8592
- Sojourners (magazine) -- Phone: 202-328-8842 or Toll Free: 1-800-714-7474 -- Fax: 202-328-8757 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations -- Phone: 617-742-2100 -- Fax: 617-742-2875 -- Email: email@example.com or from this page: http://www.uua.org/contactusgeneralcomments.shtml
- United Church of Christ -- Phone: 216-736-2100 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Farm Workers of America (UFW) -- Phone: (National HQ) 661-823-6250 or (Poltical Legislative Office) 323-263-2800 -- Fax: (Political Legislative Office) 323-263-2807 -- Email: email@example.com
- United Food and Commercial Workers of North America (UFCW) -- Phone: 202-223-3111 -- Email from this page: http://www.ufcw.org/about_ufcw/contact_us/index.cfm
- United Methodist Board of Church and Society -- Phone: 202-488-5600 -- Fax: 202-488-5699 -- Email: James E. Winkler - General Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org; Jeanette L. Cosper - Executive Assistant to General Secretary, email@example.com
- United Methodist Council of Bishops -- Phone: 615-742-5400 -- Fax: 615-742-5423 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops -- Phone: 202-541-3000-- Email: email@example.com
- World Relief -- Phone: 443-451-1900 or Toll Free: 1-800-535-5433 -- Fax: 443-451-1975 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some smaller organizations with leaders pushing to keep American workers from having the manufacturing, service and construction jobs held by an estimated 7 million illegal aliens -- and also lobbying for increases in future foreign workers.
- Brethren in Christ Church -- Phone: 717-697-2634 -- Fax: 717-697-7714 -- Email: email@example.com
- Church of the Nazarene -- Phone: 913-577-0500 -- Fax: 913-577-0848 -- E-mail from this page: http://nazarene.org/contactus.aspx
- Christian Reformed Church in North America -- Phone: 616-241-1691 or toll free 1-877-279-9994 ---- Fax: 616-224-0803 --- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church of God (Cleveland, Tenn.) -- Phone: 423-472-3361-- Fax: 423-478.7066 -- Email from this page: http://churchofgod.org/contact
- Elim Fellowship -- Phone: 585-582-2790 -- Fax: 585-624-1229 -- E-mail from this page: http://www.elimfellowship.org/content/sub.php?page_id=46
- Foursquare Church -- Phone: 1-888-635-4234 -- Fax: 213-989-4590 -- Email from this page: http://www.foursquare.org/contact/
- Grace Communion International -- Phone: 1-800-423-4444 -- Email: email@example.com
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church -- Phone: 405-787-7110 -- Fax: 405-789-3957 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missionary Church -- Phone: 260-747-2027 -- Fax: 260-747-5331 -- Email: email@example.com
- Vineyard USA -- Phone: 281-313-8463 -- Fax: 281-313-8464 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wesleyan Church -- Phone: 317-774-7900 -- Email: email@example.com
Don't let any of these elite leaderships off the hook.
They are in little danger of being washed out of their jobs by the immigration flood. So, it may be easy for them to posture as global humanitarians while rolling the dice on your job.
To be fair, I can't imagine that any of these leaderships are supporting "comprehensive immigration reform" to throw Americans out of work.
They aren't that evil.
But they are that callous -- so callous that they pursue their other agendas through immigration policy and refuse to pay attention to the millions of Americans and their families who are left without a job because of it.
It doesn't matter what their intentions are, the result of their support of present immigration numbers and for legislation to increase the numbers destroys the economic lives of American workers.
Our job as American citizens who are related to any of those organizations in any way is to force them to face up to what they are doing to Americans who work for a living -- or who used to.
ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA
Updated: Wed, Nov 18th 2009 @ 9:52am EST