Happy Veterans Day. At least, we veterans have our own organization, the American Legion, which does NOT lobby for more foreign workers to take our jobs. (See the Legion anti-amnesty stance that got it labeled a hate group by some open borders organizations.)
But if you own a business, or are in a union, or are a member of a religious organization or a civil rights group . . .
. . . woe to you! Because your leaders likely are working every day for "comprehensive immigration reform" to give your job -- or your neighbors' and family's jobs --to more foreign workers.
On this Veterans Day of 10.2% official unemployment, I have to ask the nation's elites who run those national organizations, "Whose side are you on?"
VETERANS SERVED THEIR NATIONAL COMMUNITY -- CIVILIAN ELITES ARE SERVING NARROW SELF-INTEREST
Can you even imagine during the Great Depression -- or soon after World War II -- during times of high unemployment that the leaders of the nation's businesses, labor unions, civil rights groups and religious denominations would have insisted on more immigrant workers instead of hiring the jobless in their own communities?
Of course not. Those were times when the civilian elites imitated veterans and acted in the interest of their community.
This Veterans Day, we witness the sad spectacle of elites who turn their backs on the most vulnerable of their community and seek immigration policies that make the elites more money, gain them more members, give them more power or supposed glory.
WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY THIS VETERANS DAY
Thank the veterans around you today for their service (our long wars in the Mideast and Asia produce more veterans by the day).
Then, provide your own service to the national community by looking at the organizations listed below.
If you are connected in any way to any of the groups, email them today and challenge their outspoken support for "comprehensive immigration reform." The legislation they demand would keep 7 million jobless Americans from obtaining the jobs held by illegal aliens. And it would import millions of new immigrant workers the next few years to take most of the jobs that become available as the economy recovers.
Then tomorrow, phone those same groups about their selfish actions. Urge them to honor our veterans by embracing lower immigration that would serve the national community that our veterans so selflessly served.
ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA
P.S. By the way, VETERANS, if your dues aren't up to date or you have never joined the American Legion, this would be a good time. Be sure to let it know that you admire and fully back its practical, humane and firm immigration stance.
ARE YOU RELATED TO ANY OF THESE GROUPS LOBBYING FOR MORE FOREIGN WORKERS? CONTACT THEM!
Every one of these large organizations is pushing Congress to pass "comprehensive immigration reform" that would increase the number of foreign workers to take jobs from Americans. If you are a member of any of these, they are doing this IN YOUR NAME.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) -- Phone: (Washington D.C.) 202-675-2312 or (New York, NY) 212- 549-2666 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or from this page: http://www.aclu.org/general-feedback
- American Jewish Committee -- Phone: 212-751-4000 -- Fax: 212-891-1450 -- Email: Executive Director, David A. Harris PR@ajc.org or from this page: http://www.ajc.org/site/c.ijITI2PHKoG/b.4700221/k.28D4/Contact_us/apps/ka/ct/contactus.asp?c=ijITI2PHKoG&b=4700221&en=rwJVLbMUJeIZK9OQLeJRIhM2KnJ2IgO1ImL7JrMeG
- AFL-CIO -- Phone: 202-974-8150 -- Fax: 202-974-8152 -- Email from this page: http://www.aflcio.org/siteguides/contactus.cfm
- Anti-Defamation League -- Phone: 212-885-7700 -- Fax: 212-867-0779 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or from this page: http://regions.adl.org/new-york/contact-us.html
- Assemblies of God -- Phone: 417-862-2781 -- Toll Free: 1-877-840-4800 -- Fax: 417-862-8558 -- Email: Info@ag.org, General Superintendent GeneralSuperintendent@ag.org, or from this page: http://ag.org/top/contact.cfm
- Chamber of Commerce (U.S.) -- Phone: 202-659-6000 or Toll Free: 1-800-638-6582 -- Email: email@example.com or from this page: http://www.uschamber.com/about/contact/submit_question.htm
- Change To Win (union) -- Phone: 202-721-0660 -- Fax: 202-721-0661 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christianity Today (magazine) -- Phone: 630-260-6200 -- Fax: 630-260-0114 -- Email from this page: http://www.christianitytoday.com/help/features/webmaster.html
- Church World Service, Immigration & Refugee Program -- Phone: (Main Office, Indiana) 574-264-3102 or Toll Free: 800-297-1516; (D.C. Office) 202-544-2350 -- Fax: (Main Office, Indiana) 574-262-0966; (D.C. Office) 202-546-6232 -- Email: email@example.com
- Democratic National Committee (DNC) -- Phone: 202-863-8000 -- Email from this page: http://my.democrats.org/page/s/contactissues
- Episcopal Church -- Phone: 212-716-6000 -- Toll Free: 1-800-334-7626 -- Fax: 212-557-5827 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Presiding Bishop and Primate The Most Reverend Katharine Jefferts Schori email@example.com
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of America -- Phone: 773-380-2700 -- Toll Free: 1-800-638-3522 -- Fax: 773-380-1465 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) -- Phone: 202-737-8360 -- Email: (Members) email@example.com or (Non-members) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) -- Phone: (HQ, Baltimore) 410-230-2700; (D.C Office) 202-783-7509 -- Fax: (HQ: Baltimore) 410-230-2890; (D.C. Office) 202-783-7502 -- Email: (HQ, Baltimore) email@example.com; (D.C. Office) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mennonite Central Committee Washington Office -- Phone: 202-544-6564 -- Fax: 202-544-2820 -- Email: email@example.com or Director, Rachelle Lyndaker Schlabach firstname.lastname@example.org
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) -- Phone: (National HQ) 410-580-5777 or Toll Free: 1-877-NAACP-98 (1-877-622-2798); (Washington D.C. Bureau) 202-463-2940 -- Fax: (Washington D.C. Bureau) 202-463-2953 -- Email: (Washington D.C. Bureau) email@example.com
- National Association of Evangelicals -- Phone: 202-789-1011 -- Fax: 202-842-0392 -- Email: President, firstname.lastname@example.org; Executive Director, email@example.com; Government Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org; General Information, email@example.com
- National Council of Churches -- (Washington D.C.) Phone: 202-544-2350 -- Fax: 202-543-1297 or (New York, NY) Phone: 212-870-2141 -- Fax: 212-870-2817 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Council of Jewish Women -- Phone: (HQ, NYC) 212-645-4048; (D.C. Office) 202-296-2588 -- Fax: (HQ, NYC) 212-645-7466; (D.C. Office) 202-331-7792 -- Email: (HQ, NYC) email@example.com or (D.C. Office) firstname.lastname@example.org
- People for the American Way -- Phone: 202-467-4999 -- Email from this page: http://site.pfaw.org/site/Survey?SURVEY_ID=1141&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS
- Presbyterian Church (USA) -- Phone: 502-569-5000 -- Toll Free: 1-888-728-7228 -- Fax: 502-569-8005 -- Email Director, Department of Constitutional Services Reverend Marc Tammen from this page: http://www.pcusa.org/form2mail/form2mail.jsp?f2name=Mark+Tammen&subject=Contact+Us
- Rabbinical Assembly -- Phone: 212-280-6000 -- Fax: 212-749-9166 -- Email: email@example.com or Executive Vice President, Rabbi Julie Schonfeld firstname.lastname@example.org
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism -- Phone: 202-387-2800 -- Email from this page: http://rac.org/Feedback/index.cfm?pge_id=1001
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) -- Phone: 202-730-7000 or Toll Free: 1-800-424-8592
- Sojourners (magazine) -- Phone: 202-328-8842 or Toll Free: 1-800-714-7474 -- Fax: 202-328-8757 -- Email: email@example.com
- Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations -- Phone: 617-742-2100 -- Fax: 617-742-2875 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or from this page: http://www.uua.org/contactusgeneralcomments.shtml
- United Church of Christ -- Phone: 216-736-2100 -- Email: email@example.com
- United Farm Workers of America (UFW) -- Phone: (National HQ) 661-823-6250 or (Poltical Legislative Office) 323-263-2800 -- Fax: (Political Legislative Office) 323-263-2807 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Food and Commercial Workers of North America (UFCW) -- Phone: 202-223-3111 -- Email from this page: http://www.ufcw.org/about_ufcw/contact_us/index.cfm
- United Methodist Board of Church and Society -- Phone: 202-488-5600 -- Fax: 202-488-5699 -- Email: James E. Winkler - General Secretary, email@example.com; Jeanette L. Cosper - Executive Assistant to General Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Methodist Council of Bishops -- Phone: 615-742-5400 -- Fax: 615-742-5423 -- Email: email@example.com
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops -- Phone: 202-541-3000-- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- World Relief -- Phone: 443-451-1900 or Toll Free: 1-800-535-5433 -- Email: email@example.com
Here are smaller organizations with leaders pushing to keep American workers from having the manufacturing, service and construction jobs held by an estimated 7 million illegal aliens -- and also lobbying for increases in future immigrant workers.
- Brethren in Christ Church -- Phone: 717-697-2634 -- Fax: 717-697-7714 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church of the Nazarene -- Phone: 913-577-0500 -- Fax: 913-577-0848 -- E-mail from this page: http://nazarene.org/contactus.aspx
- Christian Reformed Church in North America -- Phone: 616-241-1691 or toll free 1-877-279-9994 ---- Fax: 616-224-0803 --- E-mail: email@example.com
- Church of God (Cleveland, Tenn.) -- Phone: 423-472-3361-- Fax: 423-478.7066 -- Email from this page: http://churchofgod.org/contact
- Elim Fellowship -- Phone: 585-582-2790 -- Fax: 585-624-1229 -- E-mail from this page: http://www.elimfellowship.org/content/sub.php?page_id=46
- Foursquare Church -- Phone: 1-888-635-4234 -- Fax: 213-989-4590 -- Email from this page: http://www.foursquare.org/contact/
- Grace Communion International -- Phone: 1-800-423-4444 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church -- Phone: 405-787-7110 -- Fax: 405-789-3957 -- Email: email@example.com
- Missionary Church -- Phone: 260-747-2027 -- Fax: 260-747-5331 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vineyard USA -- Phone: 281-313-8463 -- Fax: 281-313-8464 -- Email: email@example.com
- Wesleyan Church -- Phone: 317-774-7900 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: Fri, Jul 21st 2017 @ 11:55am EDT