Rep. Dave Brat (R-Va.) has cosponsored Rep. Jody Hice's bill to end Chain Migration and the four immigration enforcement bills approved earlier this year by the House Judiciary Committee. Rep. Brat is one of the few Members of Congress to support bills that would both help end illegal immigration and make reductions in overall legal immigration numbers.
Rep. Brat has cosponsored:
- H.R.604 introduced by Rep. Jody Hice (R-Ga.) that would end Chain Migration
- H.R.1147 introduced by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) that would require all business to use E-Verify
- H.R.1148 introduced by Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) that would end Sanctuary Cities and allow local law enforcement to help enforce federal immigration laws
- H.R.1149 introduced by Rep. John Carter (R-Texas) that would close the Unaccompanied Alien Children loophole that played a major role during last year's border surge
- H.R.1153 introduced by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) that would make needed reforms to the Asylum process
Rep. Brat represents Virginia's 7th Congressional District and is serving his 1st full term in Congress. He gained national notoriety after defeating House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in the Republican primary in 2014, running against Cantor's pro-amnesty position. Rep. Brat has already demonstrated leadership in Congress on the immigration issue by helping in the fight to defund Pres. Obama's unconstitutional executive amnesties. He has earned an A-plus grade this Congress.
Updated: Tue, Jul 28th 2015 @ 11:55am EDT