Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.) filed a Discharge Petition on May 9 for Rep. Jeff Denham's (R-Calif.) resolution (H.Res. 774) that would force a series of votes in the House on several DACA amnesty proposals. Twenty-three other House Republicans have signed the Petition in addition to Rep. Curbelo. So far, 190 Democrats have signed the petition bringing the total number of signers to 213 out of the 218 needed for the Petition to succeed.
The Republican Petition signers include:
- Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)
- Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.)
- Rep. David G. Valadao (R-Calif.)
- Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)
- Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.)
- Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah)
- Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)
- Rep. Charles Dent (R-Pa.)
- Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)
- Rep. David Reichert (R-Wash.)
- Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.)
- Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. John Faso (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Mark Amodei (R-Nev.)
- Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.)
- Rep. Ryan Costello (R-Pa.)
- Rep. Steve Knight (R-Calif.)
- Rep. John Katko (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Dave Trott (R-Calif.)
- Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)
- Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Brian K. Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.)
The list of Democratic signers can be found at the link below.
The resolution, which Rep. Denham introduced in March, would require House Members to vote on four proposals -- first on Rep. Bob Goodlatte's Securing America's Future Act, second on Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard's (D-Calif.) Dream Act, third on an amendment of House Speaker Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) choosing, and a fourth on an amendment of Rep. Denham's choosing.
The proposal that receives the most votes and exceeds 218 votes would be passed by the House. The resolution itself has 248 cosponsors, including 193 Democratic Representatives. If every Democrat were to sign onto the Petition, only 25 Republicans would need to sign on to force a floor vote.
For more on this story, see clerk.house.gov.
Updated: Fri, May 25th 2018 @ 10:31am EDT