The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) has endorsed NumberUSA’s "10 Steps to Fix Our Broken Immigration System".
“I am writing today for the purpose of recognizing and endorsing the Ten Point Plan that Numbers USA has masterfully conceived which addresses the key points necessary to dramatically reduce illegal immigration and effectively address those already here in violation of law. The key is putting the National Security and Public Safety of all Americans first and that is the effect this plan will have,” wrote Zack Taylor, Chairman of the NAFBPO, in the endorsement.
The 10 Steps:
- Make E-Verify mandatory for all U.S. employers to eliminate the jobs magnet.
- Complete the Congressionally-mandated biometric entry/exit system to track non-immigrant visitors to the U.S.
- End the practice of birthright citizenship for illegal aliens and foreign visitors.
- Require state and local law enforcement to report affirmatively all non-citizens in custody to ICE, make ICE detainers mandatory, and require ICE to pick up and remove deportable aliens.
- Expand expedited removal to include all illegal aliens with criminal convictions.
- End catch-and-release of illegal aliens by requiring that they be detained until removal.
- Deny immigrant and nonimmigrant visas to nations that refuse to repatriate their citizens.
- Reform the judicial process in immigration courts, including restricting relief from removal, to expedite the process and reduce the backlog of cases.
- Restrict asylum to the internationally recognized definition of those who are unable to be returned to the home country due to a well-founded fear of (state) persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
- Allow Border Patrol access to all federal lands.
View the endorsement here.
Read Roy Beck’s blog about the 10 steps here.
Updated: Tue, May 16th 2017 @ 2:50pm EDT