The House of Representative voted against Rep. Bob Goodlatte's (R-Va.) H.R. 4760, the Securing America's Future Act. The bill failed 193-to-231, falling just 20 votes short of passing through the House.
The Securing America's Future Act would:
- Completely end chain migration
- End the visa lottery
- Require all employers to use E-Verify within two years
- Authorize $25 billion for border security
- End sanctuary cities by blocking funds from jurisdictions that fail to cooperate with immigration enforcement
- Tighten the credible fear standard to reduce asylum fraud
- Grant amnesty to approximately 700,000 illegal aliens who have received the DACA executive amnesty
The vote split mostly along partylines with 41 Republicans voting against the bill. The roll call can be seen here.
Updated: Thu, Jul 5th 2018 @ 2:55pm EDT